Dear Chapter Members and Guests,
Our INS SoCA Chapter will be having a meeting this Sunday, Feb. 26, from High Noon to 3PM, at Loyola Marymount University, at the William H. Hannon Library, located at One LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659,
This will be a very special meeting, where we will be able to see, and discuss, the Kinsey Contemporary Netsuke Collection, and Contemporary Netsuke, in general. Richard Silverman, our very own INS Chapter's world class authority on Contemporary Netsuke will be our lecturer, and Ms. Cynthia Becht, Head, Archives and Special Collections of LMU's William H. Hannon Library, will be our Host. Please bring white gloves if you have them; if you don't, there should be enough in supply.
Sorry for the later than usual notice, but the access details were a bit tricky, due to LMU being on Spring Break
- remember Spring Break?
- I suspect that this looks harder than it really will be . . . .
Here's what you need to know, to gain access,
after you figure out how to get to the LMU Campus and the William H. Hannon Library on the LMU Campus:
- this link may help those who use Google Maps http://maps.google.com/
- paste the link below into your Browser,
or go on Google Maps and type
"LMU William H. Hannon Library," and that should also do the trick:
- The front door of the William H. Hannon Library should be open;.
- An LMU Public Safety Officer will be on guard at this front door to let only attendees to our INS SoCA Chapter Meeting inside.
- Once inside, please take the elevators or stairs up two floors to the top (third) floor.
- The Von der Ahe Suite will be open; that is where we will be meeting.
- Both Ms. Becht and I will be on the third floor, awaiting your arrival.
I am copying Ms. Becht with this notice, to make sure that I understand these instructions correctly and have explained them understandably.
I sincerely hope that all of you can make it to the meeting this Sunday. If I have missed anybody by cutting and pasting the email list once too often, please let them, and me, know!
with Kindest Regards,
David S. White
INS SoCA Chapter Chair
12401 Wilshire Blvd., Ste. 200
Los Angeles CA 90025-1089